The Climate Park is an outdoor experience area with focus on climate history, hunting and catching, geology and biology. Welcome to Norway`s Coolest Classrom!
50 meters into the ice. 7000 years back in time. Insights for a lifetime. Guided and easily accesible tours into the unique Ice Tunnel below the highest mountain north of the Alps. Learn about nature, wildlife and humans living in the highlands. Experience thowing permafrost and melting snow fields. Discover Secrets of the Ice: Ancient artifacts surfacing from the ice and snow.
On the trip through the climate park, a guide will take the group into an exciting landscape of experiences and learning. Above the Juvflye, at the foot of the Galdhøpiggen peak, there are organized pedestrians and information stations before one enters the 60 meter long tunnel in the 6000 year old ice. The ice tunnel is designed and lighted by artist and sculptor Peder Istad, and is chopped out and shaped with handpower.
-Guided tours twice a day in the Summer.
-2 km walking distance
-Wear warm clothes, hat, mittens and preferably water resistant boots
- Meet up point: Juvasshytta - accessible by bus and private car, 45 min drive uphill from Lom.
- 45 min drive from Lom village - 30 min drive from exit road RV 55 at Galdesand
- Café, restaurant, accomodation and toilets at access point/parking
- Group fares and additional discount at Norsk Mountain Center in Lom
From road 55 (between Lom and Sogndal) at Galdesand. Mountain road about 15 km to Juvasshytta. Parking lot.
|Opening hours (24 June 2019 - 25 Aug 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:30|
|Opening (26 Aug 2019 - 15 Sept 2019)|
|Monday - Friday||Closed|
|Saturday - Sunday||10:30|
* Guided tours twice a day from June 24 to August 25. Weekends to September 15.
Meet up point: Juvasshytta - accessible by bus and private car.
45 min drive from Lom village - 30 min drive from exit road RV 55 at Galdesand